Hull & Deck Construction
- Lloyd's approved, aircraft grade AL600 epoxy coated CK57 (6 lbs./cu.ft.) Baltek end-grained balsa laminate construction using polyester resin and biaxial glass fabrics. A vinylester resin barrier coat allows a ten-year hull warranty against blisters.
- White gel coat hull with single (1.50" to 3.00") tapered bootstripe.
- Large sit-in cockpit with 6.5' seats with backrests, suitable for cockpit cushions.
- One lazarette locker and two cockpit seat lockers w/flush spring loaded latches.
- Swimming and boarding platform sculptured into transom with integral ladder.
- Cockpit coamings 2.5" high over sidedecks to channel water aft.
- Molded companionway slide-in seahood w/dodger boss/instrument pod.
- ORC size molded-in foredeck toe-rails.
- Stainless steel handrails on cabin trunk.
- GRP molded main structural bulkhead, bonded fore & aft on hull and deck as support for shroud chainplates with single opening to forepeak.
- Fore & aft and transverse keel support beams vacuum bagged to hull.
- Fabricated aluminum mast step with transverse beams fastened to main bulkhead.
Keel & Rudder
- Faired lead & antimony fixed 6.5' draft, fin keel with bulb bolted to a deep molded stub. (5.5’ shoal draft option)
- Balanced spade rudder constructed using "E" glass.
- SS shaft mounted in self aligning rudder bearings.
- Composite tiller with adjustable hiking handle.
Spars & Rigging
- Tapered aluminum, fractional-rig mast with double airfoil spreaders, plus boom in anodized finish (powder coat white optional)
- Nitronic 50 rod rigging with calibrated turnbuckles.
- Custom 4.25" diameter, clear coated carbon fiber, retractable bowsprit with 1:2 under-deck Harken launching system.
- Integral hydraulic backstay adjuster with 9.5" throw for -6 rod backstay.
- Rigid boomvang with integral cleating.
- Main boom with #1 reef stopper to port and #2 reef sheave on starboard side to double as Cunningham.
- 12:1 internal mainsail outhaul on boom.
- Complete running rigging package
- 46:1 two speed self tailing primary winches.
- 35:1 two speed self tailing secondary winches on cabin trunk.
- Double sheave deck organizers (P&S) recessed in dodger spray shield molding.
- Two lock-in winch handles (10").
- Two PVC winch handle holders
- Aluminum mast collar.
- 4 mast mounted turning blocks
- Two double rope clutches aft on the cabin top. Port is main halyard and jib halyard. Starboard is for cunningham/reef and spinnaker halyard.
- Two jib sheet cars on a 3 foot 32mm clear anodized "T" track (P&S) with aft end stops.
- Camcleat for headsail furler.
- Side mounted rope clutch for spinnaker tack line.
- Traveler track recessed in cockpit seat with 4:1 adjustment system.
- 6:1 racing mainsheet system led to a center-mounted heavy duty swivel base with single ratchet and camcleat aft of traveler; and a 24:1 fine tune system cleated to a swivel base with camcleat on front side of traveler.
- Custom double-rail stainless bow pulpit and dual corner stern rails with transom gate.
- Low profile headsail furler mounted on stemhead with control line aft to port side of cabin trunk where tail can be used on primary winch.
- Tapered lifeline stanchions with heavy duty deck plates.
- Four 4-bolt mooring cleats.
- Single foot blocks to lead spinnaker sheets to the cockpit or cabin house.
- Cams for lazy spin sheets, mounted aft of primary winches.
- Two heavy duty "U" bolts aft for spinnaker sheet blocks.
- 20x20 articulated foredeck hatch.
- 10x10 vent hatch in head.
- Opening ports in sides of cabin trunk.
- Light weight, cored, low-profile companionway sliding hatch and acrylic offshore dropboard with inside/outside opening hasp.
- Cockpit operated bilge pump.
- Three 12"x 20" polypropylene mesh line bags.
- Custom SS chainplates, stemhead and backstay tang.
- Main Cunningham/Reef block on reef hook for single line reefing system.
- Yanmar 3YM20 20 hp, 3 cylinder, diesel engine with 80 amp alternator.
- Two-blade 15” folding prop.
- Yanmar engine instrument panel in cockpit with acrylic cover.
- Engine throttle control with neutral safety switch.
- 12-gallon alloy fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port.
- One 90 amp deep-cycle battery.
- On/Off battery switch.
- Electrical panel w/circuit breakers.
- LED Navigation lights.
- All chainplates with lightning grounds.
- Five swiveling halogen reading lights.
- One fluorescent light in head.
- Seahood pre-wired for instruments with 6 wire 22 gauge cable to nav station
- Automatic bilge pump w/check valve & panel switch for manual operation
- Off-white low-maintenance bulkheads, and lightweight bin panels with vinyl trim and teak cap moldings.
- Teak and holly style synthetic high-wear cabin sole with epoxy sealed end grain.
- Storage bins outboard of settee berths.
- Nav station with flip-up lid to access charter storage, and outboard shelf and nav panel to house instruments.
- Galley unit with polished stainless galley sink with fresh water foot pump and 5 gallon portable water tank with thru-hull drain.
- Forward of the main bulkhead is a changing area, hanging locker and marine head with 12 gal polyethylene holding tank or "Y" valve for direct offshore discharge.
- Holding tank overboard discharge manual pump.
- Forward of the head area is a lightweight bulkhead with V-berth and below berth storage.
- Choice of acrylic fabrics for main cabin settee cushions. Optional V-berth cushions, as well as cockpit cushions that double as settee backrests below.
- Vinyl liner on cabin overhead and hull ceilings.
- 12x18 mirror in head.
- Rugged 54 qt. top opening, portable cooler under companionway ladder.
- Two Tone Deck.
- 1/2" Cove Stripe with "J" Insignia.
- Custom Wheel Package: Edson Racing Series 48" Black Aluminum Wheel with Natural Leather Grip; Ritchie 5" Binnacle Compass with Light; Custom GRP Molded Pedestal with SS Guard; Aluminum Emergency Tiller.
- Comfort Group Package: Dual Purpose Sunbrella 3" Cockpit/Settee-Backrest Cushions to match below cushion color combination (4) Custom Acrylic
- Covered AC Hose Lifeline Covers for Helmsman to Match Dodger Color; Mainsail Cover to Match Dodger with J/105 Logo.
- Systems Group Package: Sink in Vanity Counter of Forward Head with Foot Pump - plumbed and led to the galley sink discharge 1” Thru hull with inline check valve, Fresh Water Tank Under Starboard Berth with Deck Fill; 2-Burner stove.
- Additional 90 Amp Battery.
- Shoal Bulb Keel with 5.5' Draft.
- V-berth Cushions.
- Ports on Aft Face of Cabin House (2).
- Stainless Grab Rails in Main Cabin.
- Thurston Dodger with Side Curtains.
||Specifications are subject to change prior to delivery due to deletions, additions or revisions in quantities, brand or design at the sole discretion of J/Boats, Inc. Newport, RI.