Hull & Deck Construction
- End grained balsa composite construction using biaxal and unidirectional glass with vinylester resin on the outer hull layer for 10 year warranty against hull blisters.
- “SCRIMP” resin infusion system moulding process for optimum laminate strength.
- Off-white deck with a high traction non-skid.
- White hull with double tapered boot stripes.
- Foredeck and helmsman moulded toe rails.
- Large bow locker with laminated watertight forward collision bulkhead.
- Large cockpit storage locker on starboard.
- Propane bottle storage
- Molded stern platform with removable swimming ladder.
- Molded spray shield with dodger storage and companionway instrument pod.
- GRP moulded structural bulkhead bonded to hull and deck.
- All intermediate bulkheads glassed to hull and deck for stiffness.
- Heavy-duty fibreglass stringer grid infused into hull, including mast step and chain plate structure.
- Balanced spade twin rudders with biaxal and unidirectional glass and s/s stock.
- Removable Fiberglass transom locker.
Keel & Rudder
- 4,410 lbs (2,000 kg) iron keel epoxy coated, including composite FRP centerboard with control line led to stopper and the secondary winch.
- Large Diameter wheel (1.27m)with natural leather grip on custom moulded pedestal with compass, brake and stainless guard.
- Twin rudders with SS shafts and bearing systems.
- Emergency tiller
Spars & Rigging
- Tapered aluminium mast with double airfoil spreaders.
- Continuous dyform rigging with forestay Rod (Nitronic 50).
- Laminated fixed bowsprit with padeye for A-sail tack combined with bow roller.
- Hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Boom with internal outhaul 8:1 purchase system, mainsail reef line sheaves, main sheet and rigid vang tangs.
- Headsail furling system.
- Solid boomvang with cascade purchase system.
- Complete running rigging package
- Self-tailing primary, secondary & mainsheet winches
- 3 lock-in winch handles, 1 being “speed grip” type.
- 2 PVC handle holders
- Mainsheet purchase 2:1 led forward then down to sidedecks, then aft to cockpit winches.
- Adjustable mainsheet traveller with 6:1 purchase.
- Jib tracks (2) with cars.
- Foot blocks for jib sheets
- Spinnaker sheet blocks on padeyes
- Pad-eye block at bowsprit outboard end
- 5 halyard/reef turning blocks
- Halyards led aft through 2 quadruple organisers and 4 stoppers on each side of companionway
- Centerboard control line led aft through organizer to halyard winch.
- Tack line led aft to stopper on starboard side of coach roof.
- 2 bow mooring cleats
- 2 stern mooring cleats
- Stem head fitting
- Custom S/S stem plate
- S/S chain plates for shrouds and backstay
- Foredeck opening hatch (500 x 500)
- Opening hatch (450 x 320) over main saloon
- 2 fixed ports integrated into the coach roof sides.
- 2 opening ports (304 x 155) for the galley and the chart table.
- 2 opening ports (304 x 155) for aft cabin and toilet compartment.
- 1 opening port (350 x 170) in cockpit (aft cabin)
- 1 vent above toilet compartment.
- 3 line bags
- 2 S/S handrails on coach roof
- S/S pushpit and pulpit with double rails.
- Double s/s lifelines, 8 stainless stanchions, 4 with reinforcing leg.
- Plexi-glass companionway washboards with lock and ventilation grid.
- Door storage rack in cockpit locker
- Flag staff holder
- Inboard diesel Volvo D1-30 30 HP with Saildrive, 115 AH alternator, with double diode and fresh water-cooling with heat exchanger.
- Engine panel recessed in the cockpit including rev. counter, hour meter and alarms for oil pressure, low voltage and water temperature.
- 18.5 gallon (85 litres) fuel tank under aft cabin berth.
- Sound insulated engine compartment, ventilation pipes to the transom.
- 2 bladed folding propeller
- Manual bilge pump in cockpit
- Automatic/manual electric bilge pump with float switch.
- Hot & cold pressurized water system.
- Whale cockpit shower
- Seawater footpump at galley sink
- 1 water tank 33 gallons (96 litres) under starboard settee berth.
- Ice box drain
- Marine toilet
- 120 AH house battery and 70 AH engine battery with switches and double diode/circuit breaker.
- 12V electric panel with fuel gauge and voltmeter.
- LED lights on ceilings and swivelling tulip lights in cabins.
- Ceiling light in head
- Light in cockpit locker
- Navigation lights on pushpit and pulpit, steaming light and mooring light.
- Rig grounded for protection against lightning.
- Interior built using laminated and/or solid wood. All wooden parts are varnished or laminated with white Formica. Cabin sole in plywood laminated with teak.
- Vinyl lined ceilings throughout, but main salon which has moulded slat effect on hull sides.
- Forward cabin includes: large hanging locker on port side, storage on starboard, double v-berth with storage underneath, shelf above berth on port side, access door to main cabin.
- Main cabin features: settee/berths to starboard and port side, cabinets with book shelf on port side, water tank under starboard berth, table with drop leafs and bottle storage in the centerline, large storage lockers behind backrests, SS hand rails on ceiling, & SS vertical hand rail at the end of the table.
- Galley includes: gimballed propane stove with oven and 2 burners, SS double sink, pressurized hot & cold water, large 90 litres (19 gallons) moulded icebox/fridge with 12 volt compressor, full length locker outboard of galley countertop, cold moulded fiddles around the edge of the countertop, storage under sink with shelf and trash bin area and drawer storage.
- Nav Station features: large chart table facing forward with chart storage under table lid, shelf, large hinged instrument panel and electrical panel.
- Aft Cabin includes: access door to main cabin, large hanging locker, changing seat, double berth, access panel to engine, and fuel tank under berth.
- Aft head features: access door to main cabin, integral shower tray, sink, access to valves and toilet support shelf, pressurized hot & cold water, marine toilet, mirror, toilet roll holder and towel rail, vanity unit, shower grating, access door to cockpit storage and holding tank
- Companionway steps with angled treads between bulkheads.
- Handrails integrated into companionway bulkheads.
- Main engine access through lifting panel.
- Open convenience locker at top of steps.
- Electric windlass
- Two Tone Deck in Light Grey
- Opening ports (2) on aft face of coach roof.
- Additional capacity battery for a total of 150ah
- Removable aft locker
- Boot Stripe other than standard grey
- Cushion Color other than standard grey
Specifications are subject to change prior to delivery due to deletions, additions or revisions in quantities, brand or design at the sole discretion of J/Boats, Inc. Newport, RI