Everyone Can Relax & Enjoy
Creature comforts come in many forms on the J/70. The 11' long cockpit and moderate height boom allow easy crew movement across the cockpit while tacking and jibing. For sitting and hiking comfort, mid-height padded backrests/lifelines run cockpit length, making J/70 one of the most comfortable boats to helm without having to rely on hiking straps to keep you in the boat.
The small cabin below is a bonus, and provides weather protection, a place to nap and personal privacy... essential to keeping everyone happy if spending a day on the water. And, for children safety is paramount.
The J/70 one-design class rules provide for a 2.5 hp outboard engine (gas or electric). This means one can sail further away from homeport without worrying about paddling home or hailing for a tow. Race Committees can start races on time and finish them later in the day without having to arrange towboats.
- Low maintenance, easy to rig in minutes.
- Wire rigging with adjustable backstay.
- High-quality deck hardware and winches to facilitate sail trim and adjustment, including under-deck Harken jib furler.
- Deck stepped carbon mast with a simple hinge that makes it easier to raise the mast on the trailer or in the water.
- Towing the 1,750 lb J/70 with an six-cylinder sedan or SUV is child's play. The family "ride" can easily take her to the next regatta.
- 30 minutes from trailering to sailing. Very easy ramp-launch with drop in rudder and vertical-lifting keel- draws 1.5 ft water at launch!
- Main Cabin with two comfortable seats port and starboard.
- Forepeak with platform v-berth for casual rest.